Standard Double Pitch Roller chain
40Mn steel,304 stainless steel, 316 stainless steel and 201 stainless steel.
Standard chains and special chains, such as A or B series chains, roller chains, driving chains, conveyor chains, hoisting chains, agricultural chains, sprockets, gears, wheels and so on.
A series(12.7-50.8mm pitches),B series (9.525-50.8mm pitches)and the heavy series.
Short pitch precision roller chain
Simplex Roller Chains&Bushing Chains:
Chain link type
Standard links (without attachment) and non-standard links (with attachment).
A1: One-side,one hole cranked attachments.
Our Products Advantage
1. Every step from production order to the packing process has a strict quality inspection.
1.Fast delivery: Standard products can be delivered in as fast as 20 days
2.Good service: timely reply, prompt quotation, responsible for the product
3.High cost performance: can maintain price stability for a certain period of time, bringing greater profits to customers
4.Good quality: production and testing have corresponding supervision to ensure product quality and get high praise from customers
5.OEM service: products can be customized according to drawings and requirements
We are responsible for the ordered products. We are very confident in the products we produce. Of course, if you have any problems after receiving the goods, you can contact us directly. We will confirm and negotiate in time to solve your difficulties.
|Standard or Nonstandard:
|Textile Machinery, Garment Machinery, Conveyer Equipment, Packaging Machinery, Electric Cars, Motorcycle, Food Machinery, Mining Equipment, Agricultural Machinery, Car
|Short Pitch Chain
Are roller chains suitable for high-speed applications?
Roller chains are commonly used in a wide range of applications, including high-speed applications. Here’s a detailed answer to the question:
1. Robust Design: Roller chains are designed to withstand high-speed operation. They are constructed using high-quality materials and undergo precision manufacturing processes to ensure strength, durability, and reliability. The design includes features such as hardened pins, solid rollers, and precision bushings, which contribute to their ability to handle high speeds.
2. Efficient Power Transmission: Roller chains provide efficient power transmission at high speeds. The smooth engagement between the chain and the sprockets allows for minimal energy loss, ensuring effective transfer of power from the driving sprocket to the driven sprocket. This is particularly important in high-speed applications where efficiency is crucial.
3. Lubrication and Heat Dissipation: Proper lubrication is essential for the smooth operation of roller chains at high speeds. Lubrication reduces friction and heat generation, which can occur during high-speed operation. The lubricant helps to minimize wear, reduce noise, and dissipate heat, ensuring the chain operates within its optimal temperature range.
4. Dynamic Balance: Roller chains are designed to maintain dynamic balance during high-speed rotation. The symmetrical design and uniform weight distribution of the chain links and rollers help minimize vibration and reduce the risk of chain jump or derailment. This promotes stable and reliable performance, even at high speeds.
It is important to select the appropriate type and size of roller chain for a specific high-speed application, considering factors such as the required load capacity, speed, environmental conditions, and lubrication requirements. Regular maintenance, including proper lubrication, tension adjustment, and inspection of the chain and sprockets, is also crucial to ensure safe and reliable operation at high speeds.
How do roller chains handle angular misalignment between sprockets?
Roller chains are designed to accommodate a certain degree of angular misalignment between sprockets. Here’s a detailed answer to the question:
1. Flexibility: Roller chains have inherent flexibility, allowing them to adapt to slight misalignments between sprockets. The chain links can articulate and adjust their position to compensate for the angular misalignment. This flexibility helps to reduce stress on the chain and the sprockets.
2. Chain Articulation: The individual chain links in a roller chain are connected by pins, allowing them to rotate and articulate as the chain engages with the sprockets. This articulation enables the chain to follow the angular movement of the sprockets and maintain proper engagement. It helps to distribute the load evenly across the chain and minimize concentrated stresses on individual chain links.
3. Tolerance for Misalignment: Roller chains have a certain tolerance for angular misalignment between the sprockets. The exact amount of misalignment that a chain can handle depends on factors such as chain size, pitch, and design. However, it’s important to note that excessive misalignment can lead to accelerated wear, increased noise, and reduced chain life.
4. Proper Alignment: While roller chains can tolerate some degree of angular misalignment, it’s still essential to aim for proper sprocket alignment whenever possible. Proper alignment helps to optimize chain performance, minimize wear, and extend the lifespan of the chain and sprockets. Aligning the sprockets correctly ensures that the chain engages smoothly and uniformly with the sprocket teeth, reducing the risk of premature wear or failure.
5. Regular Inspection and Maintenance: To ensure optimal performance and longevity, it’s important to regularly inspect the roller chain system for any signs of misalignment or excessive wear. Routine maintenance, such as lubrication and tension adjustment, helps to mitigate the effects of misalignment and promotes smooth operation.
While roller chains can handle a certain degree of angular misalignment, it’s always recommended to minimize misalignment and strive for proper sprocket alignment to ensure optimal performance, efficiency, and longevity of the chain and sprocket system.
What is a roller chain and how does it work?
A roller chain is a type of transmission chain that is commonly used in various mechanical systems to transmit power and motion between rotating shafts. It consists of a series of interconnected links, including inner plates, outer plates, rollers, and pins. Here’s a detailed answer to the question:
A roller chain operates based on the principle of contact and rolling motion. The basic components of a roller chain include:
- Inner Plates: These are flat metal plates with holes through which the pins pass.
- Outer Plates: These are similar to inner plates and are connected to the inner plates through pins.
- Rollers: The rollers are cylindrical components that are positioned between the inner and outer plates. They have a slightly larger diameter than the pins, allowing them to freely rotate.
- Pins: The pins hold the inner and outer plates together and provide a pivot point for the rollers. They pass through the holes in the inner and outer plates and secure them in place.
When the roller chain is installed in a system, it wraps around a pair of sprockets. The sprockets have teeth that mesh with the rollers of the chain. As one sprocket rotates, it engages with the rollers and pulls the chain along, causing the other sprocket to rotate as well.
The working principle of a roller chain involves the following steps:
- Engagement: The chain is positioned around the sprockets, and the rollers engage with the teeth of the sprockets.
- Tension: The tension in the chain is created by the movement of the sprockets, which causes the chain to wrap tightly around them.
- Rolling Motion: As the sprockets rotate, they impart a rolling motion to the rollers. The rollers, in turn, rotate freely on the pins, allowing the chain to move smoothly along the sprockets.
- Power Transmission: The rotational motion of one sprocket is transferred to the other sprocket through the chain. This enables the transmission of power and motion between the two shafts connected to the sprockets.
Roller chains are widely used in various applications, including machinery, automobiles, motorcycles, bicycles, conveyors, and more. They offer high efficiency, reliability, and the ability to transmit substantial amounts of power. Regular maintenance, including lubrication and periodic inspection, is essential to ensure the proper functioning and longevity of a roller chain.
editor by CX 2023-09-05