ISO/ANSI/DIN Standard Short Pitch Precision Stainless Steel Hardware Transmission Motorcycle Industrial Roller Chain
1. Material: Stainless Steel 304 & 316 / Alloy Carbon Steel
2. Surface Treatment: Shot peening / Zinc-plated / Nickel-plated / Dacromet-plated
3. Chain No:
35SS-1, 40SS-1, 50SS-1, 60SS-1, 80SS-1, 100SS-1, 120SS-1, 140SS-1;
35SS-2, 40SS-2, 50SS-2, 60SS-2, 80SS-2, 100SS-2, 120SS-2, 140SS-2;
35SS-3, 40SS-3, 50SS-3, 60SS-3, 80SS-3, 100SS-3, 120SS-3, 140SS-3;
4. Application: Stainless Steel Chains are used in so many industries, such as machine manufacturing, food machine, etc. Also are suitable for high and low temperature conditions.
1. The chain can be used on the both sides of multi-axle transmission.
2. Easy installation and replacement.
3. It can obtain larger reduction ratio.
4. The roller chain has good elasticity, high strength and each hinge part has lubricating oil, so it can be stored easliy. Thus, compared with the rigid contact tooth, it has good cushioning and vibration absorbing ability.
|Stainless Steel Roller Chain From China
|1. Stainless Steel: SS304, SS316, etc
|2. Alloy Steel: 45Mn, 42CrMo, 20CrMo, etc
|3. OEM according to your request
|Shot peening, Blackening, Oxygenation, Polishing, Zinc-plated, Nickel-plated, Anodized, etc.
|Fire Resistant, Oil Resistant, Heat Resistant
|ISO DIN ANSI & Customer’s Drawing
|Customer’s Drawing & ISO standard
|Wooden Case / Container and pallet, or made-to-order
|First quality, Best service, Competitive price, Fast delivery
|20 days for samples. 45 days for official order.
View more products,please click here…
How do roller chains handle high humidity environments?
Roller chains are designed to withstand a wide range of environmental conditions, including high humidity environments. Here’s a detailed answer to the question:
1. Corrosion Resistance: Roller chains can be manufactured using corrosion-resistant materials such as stainless steel or with special coatings that provide protection against rust and corrosion. These features help the chain withstand the effects of high humidity, which can cause moisture to come into contact with the chain surface.
2. Lubrication: Proper lubrication is essential in high humidity environments to prevent moisture from penetrating the chain and causing corrosion. Lubricants with water-resistant properties or specifically designed for humid conditions can be used to provide a protective barrier on the chain’s surfaces, minimizing the impact of moisture.
3. Seal Options: Some roller chains come with additional sealing elements, such as O-rings or X-rings, that provide an extra layer of protection against moisture ingress. These seals help keep the lubrication inside the chain and prevent contaminants from entering, reducing the risk of corrosion.
4. Maintenance Practices: Regular maintenance is crucial in high humidity environments to ensure the longevity of roller chains. Cleaning the chain to remove any accumulated moisture, dirt, or debris and applying appropriate lubrication at recommended intervals help mitigate the effects of humidity on the chain’s performance and lifespan.
5. Proper Storage: When not in use, roller chains should be stored in a dry and controlled environment to prevent prolonged exposure to high humidity. Using appropriate storage methods, such as sealed containers or dehumidified storage areas, can help preserve the chain’s integrity and minimize the risk of corrosion.
By considering these factors and implementing proper maintenance practices, roller chains can effectively handle high humidity environments, ensuring their reliable performance and extended lifespan.
What are the advantages of using a roller chain over a timing belt?
Roller chains and timing belts are both commonly used for power transmission in various applications. Here’s a detailed answer to the question:
Advantages of using a roller chain:
1. Higher Load Capacity: Roller chains are capable of handling higher loads compared to timing belts. They are designed to transmit power in heavy-duty applications where high torque and shock loads are present.
2. Flexibility in Power Transmission: Roller chains are more versatile in terms of power transmission. They can transmit power over longer distances and are suitable for applications that require multiple shafts and complex power transmission routes.
3. Tolerance to Misalignment: Roller chains can tolerate more misalignment between the driving and driven sprockets compared to timing belts. They can accommodate slight angular misalignments and axial movements, making them suitable for applications where alignment precision is challenging.
4. Resistance to Harsh Environments: Roller chains are generally more resistant to contaminants, such as dirt, dust, and debris, compared to timing belts. They are commonly used in applications where exposure to harsh environments, such as high temperatures, chemicals, or abrasive particles, is expected.
5. Easy Maintenance and Replacement: Roller chains are relatively easy to maintain and replace. Regular lubrication, tension adjustment, and periodic inspection can help prolong their lifespan. In case of wear or damage, individual chain links can be replaced without the need for replacing the entire chain, making maintenance more cost-effective.
It’s important to note that the choice between a roller chain and a timing belt depends on various factors, including the specific application requirements, load conditions, speed, accuracy, and environmental considerations. Consulting with experts and considering the specific needs of the application can help determine the most suitable power transmission solution.
Can roller chains be used in corrosive environments?
Roller chains can be used in certain corrosive environments, but it depends on the specific conditions and the type of roller chain used. Here’s a detailed answer to the question:
In general, standard roller chains are not suitable for prolonged exposure to corrosive environments, as they are typically made from carbon steel and are vulnerable to corrosion. However, there are specialized roller chains available that are specifically designed to withstand corrosive conditions. These chains are typically made from corrosion-resistant materials such as stainless steel or nickel-plated steel.
Corrosion-resistant roller chains offer several advantages:
1. Enhanced Corrosion Resistance: The use of corrosion-resistant materials provides excellent resistance to rust, oxidation, and chemical corrosion. This makes them suitable for applications where the chain is exposed to moisture, chemicals, or other corrosive agents.
2. Extended Lifespan: Corrosion-resistant roller chains have a longer service life compared to standard chains in corrosive environments. The resistance to corrosion helps maintain the chain’s structural integrity and prevents premature wear or failure.
3. Reduced Downtime and Maintenance: By using corrosion-resistant roller chains, maintenance and downtime due to chain corrosion are minimized. These chains require less frequent lubrication and are less prone to seizing or becoming stuck due to corrosion, resulting in reduced maintenance and increased operational efficiency.
However, it’s important to note that even corrosion-resistant roller chains have limitations. The level of corrosion resistance can vary depending on the specific material and environmental factors. In highly aggressive or extreme corrosive environments, additional protective measures such as specialized coatings or sealants may be necessary.
Before selecting a roller chain for a corrosive environment, it is essential to consider the severity of the corrosion, temperature, chemical exposure, and other environmental factors. Consulting with a knowledgeable supplier or engineer can help determine the most suitable chain material and design for the specific application.
editor by CX 2023-08-03