Roller chain is a power transmisssion component.It is composed by 4 parts.They are plate,roller,bush and pin.
The materials are as follow:
Roller chains are widely used for general industrial applications.They are available in simplex, duplex and triplex with riveted or cottered.
We provides a significant roller chain advantage for hundreds of applications coping with operating conditions that are hot or cold, wet or dry, dusty or requiring cleanliness and all of these solutions combine excellent wear resistance and fatigue resistance with a long, reliable working life.
Roller chain or bush roller chain is the type of chain drive most commonly used for transmission of mechanical power on many kinds of domestic, industrial and agricultural machinery, including conveyors, wire- and tube-drawing machines, printing presses, cars, motorcycles, and bicycles. It consists of a series of short cylindrical rollers held together by side links. It is driven by a toothed wheel called a sprocket. It is a simple, reliable, and efficient means of power transmiss
|Our Main product Series
|Short pitch precision roller chain(A series)
|Lumber conveyor chain
|S type steel agricultural chains
|Short pitch precision roller chain(B series)
|M-series conveyor chain
|CA type steel agricultural chains
|Side bow chain
|Double pitch roller chain
|MT series conveyor chain
|A type steel agricultural chains
|Sewage treatment chain
|Hollow pin chain
|MC series conveyor chain
|ZGS38 Combine harvester chains
|Sharp top chain
|Heavy type chain
|FV series conveyor chain
|Straight plate chain
|Extended pin chain
European Standard Roller Chains
1. BS/DIN Standard Short Pitch Power Transmission Roller Chains: 03B-48B
2. BS/DIN Standard Short Pitch High Performance Roller Chain
(all parts made of special alloy steel, with CZPT seamless bushes and wide waist linkplates)
3. BS/DIN Standard Short Pitch Self-Lubricating Roller Chains (Maintenance Free Chains)
4. BS/DIN Standard Marine Engine Roller Chains (Marine Engine Chain): 32BM-72BMBS/DIN Standard Short Pitch Straight Linkplate Roller Chains: C08B-C48B
5. BS/DIN Standard Short Pitch Bushed Chains (Rollerless)
6. BS/DIN Standard Double Pitch Transmission Roller Chains: 208B-232BL
American Standard Roller Chains
1. ANSI Standard Short Pitch Power Transmission Roller Chains (and Bushed Chains as well): 25-240
2. ANSI Standard Short Pitch High Performance Roller Chain
(all parts made of special alloy steel, with CZPT seamless bushes and wide waist linkplates)
3. ANSI Standard Short Pitch Straight Linkplate Roller Chains: C40-C240
4. ANSI Standard Short Pitch Heavy Duty Roller Chains: 60H-240H
5. T Series Super Roller Chains: T40-T140
6. HT Series Super Roller Chains: HT60-HT140
7. CZPT Series Super Roller Chains: SHT80-SHT140
8. ANSI Standard Short Pitch Bushed Chains (Rollerless)
9. Roller Chains for Chain Couplings: 4012-12571
10. ANSI Standard Double Pitch Transmission Roller Chains: A2040-A2120
Estimated freight per unit.
|To be negotiated
|Standard or Nonstandard:
|Textile Machinery, Garment Machinery, Conveyer Equipment, Packaging Machinery, Electric Cars, Motorcycle, Food Machinery, Marine, Mining Equipment, Agricultural Machinery, Car
What are the benefits of using a roller chain in agricultural machinery?
Roller chains offer several advantages when used in agricultural machinery:
1. High Strength and Durability: Roller chains are designed to withstand heavy loads and harsh operating conditions commonly found in agricultural machinery. They are built with robust materials and precision engineering, making them capable of handling the demanding requirements of agricultural applications.
2. Efficient Power Transmission: Roller chains provide efficient power transmission from the engine to various agricultural components such as harvesters, tractors, and conveyors. They have low frictional losses, allowing for efficient transfer of torque and minimizing power wastage.
3. Wide Range of Sizes and Configurations: Roller chains are available in various sizes, pitches, and configurations, allowing them to be used in different types of agricultural machinery. This versatility enables manufacturers to select the appropriate chain for specific applications, ensuring optimal performance and reliability.
4. Versatile and Reliable: Roller chains can be used in a wide range of agricultural machinery, including harvesters, combines, planters, balers, and more. They provide reliable power transmission and can operate in diverse agricultural environments, including fields, orchards, and livestock facilities.
5. Easy Maintenance: Roller chains are relatively easy to maintain. Regular lubrication and periodic inspection are essential to ensure smooth operation and prevent premature wear. With proper maintenance, roller chains can have a long service life, reducing downtime and maintenance costs for agricultural machinery.
6. Cost-Effective Solution: Roller chains offer a cost-effective solution for power transmission in agricultural machinery. They are typically more affordable compared to alternative drive systems, such as gears or belts, while still providing reliable and efficient performance.
7. Adaptability to Variable Speeds: Agricultural machinery often requires variable speed control based on specific tasks or crop conditions. Roller chains can handle variable speeds effectively, allowing for precise control and adjustment to meet the varying demands of agricultural operations.
Overall, the use of roller chains in agricultural machinery offers durability, efficiency, versatility, and cost-effectiveness. They provide reliable power transmission, enabling agricultural equipment to operate efficiently and effectively in demanding farming environments.
How do roller chains handle reverse motion?
Roller chains are capable of handling reverse motion in applications where the direction of movement needs to be reversed. Here’s a detailed answer to the question:
1. Bi-Directional Operation: Roller chains are designed to operate in both forward and reverse directions. The chain links and rollers are constructed to engage with the sprockets in either direction, allowing the chain to smoothly transfer power and motion.
2. Engagement with Sprockets: When the roller chain is in reverse motion, the rollers on the chain engage with the sprocket teeth in the opposite direction compared to forward motion. The engagement between the chain and the sprockets ensures a secure and reliable power transmission, allowing the chain to efficiently transfer motion in reverse.
3. Lubrication and Maintenance: Proper lubrication is essential for the smooth operation of roller chains, including during reverse motion. Adequate lubrication reduces friction and wear, ensuring the chain’s longevity and performance. Regular maintenance, including lubrication and inspection, helps identify any issues that may affect the chain’s ability to handle reverse motion and allows for timely corrective actions.
4. Proper Tensioning: Maintaining proper tension in the roller chain is crucial for its performance in both forward and reverse motion. Adequate tension ensures the chain remains engaged with the sprockets and prevents slippage or disengagement during reverse operation. Proper tensioning can be achieved through tensioning devices or adjustable mounting arrangements.
5. Load Capacity: Roller chains are designed to handle various loads, including reverse motion. However, it’s important to consider the specific application requirements and select a roller chain with the appropriate load capacity and strength to withstand the forces experienced during reverse operation.
6. Alignment and Installation: Proper alignment of the roller chain and the sprockets is essential for reliable performance in both forward and reverse motion. Ensuring correct installation, including proper alignment and tensioning, helps maintain the chain’s engagement with the sprockets and ensures smooth operation in reverse.
It’s worth noting that the specific application requirements, such as speed, load, environmental conditions, and the type of roller chain, should be considered when determining the suitability of roller chains for reverse motion. Consulting the manufacturer’s guidelines and recommendations is important to ensure proper selection, installation, and maintenance of roller chains in applications involving reverse operation.
What are some common misconceptions about roller chains?
There are several misconceptions about roller chains that are worth addressing. Here are some common ones:
1. Roller chains are maintenance-free: While some roller chains are designed for reduced maintenance, no chain is truly maintenance-free. All roller chains require regular inspection, lubrication, and occasional replacement to ensure optimal performance and longevity.
2. Roller chains are indestructible: Roller chains are durable and can handle significant loads, but they are not indestructible. Like any mechanical component, roller chains have their limits and can fail if subjected to excessive loads, poor lubrication, misalignment, or other adverse conditions.
3. Any lubricant can be used on roller chains: Using the wrong type or insufficient amount of lubricant can negatively impact the performance and lifespan of a roller chain. It is important to follow the manufacturer’s recommendations regarding lubrication to ensure proper chain operation and longevity.
4. All roller chains are the same: Roller chains come in various designs, sizes, and materials to suit different applications. It is essential to select the right chain for the specific application based on factors such as load capacity, speed, environment, and operating conditions.
5. Roller chains cannot handle high speeds: While roller chains may have speed limitations, advancements in design and materials have allowed for the development of high-speed roller chains. These chains are specifically engineered to withstand the demands of high-speed applications.
6. Roller chains are noisy: While poorly maintained or misaligned roller chains can produce noise, properly lubricated and aligned chains can operate quietly. Regular maintenance, including proper lubrication and tensioning, can minimize noise levels and ensure smooth chain operation.
7. Roller chains require constant adjustment: With proper installation and tensioning, roller chains should not require frequent adjustments. However, regular inspection and occasional adjustment are necessary to maintain proper tension and prevent excessive wear.
It is important to rely on accurate information and consult experts or manufacturers when it comes to roller chain selection, installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting to avoid falling prey to common misconceptions and ensure optimal chain performance.
editor by CX 2023-08-07